Are you a veggie lover? Hence this quick and simple dish with an exotic twist is for you: Roasted sweet potato and beet with guacamole and passion fruit. The sweet potato and beet wedges are marinated with maple syrup, cinnamon and turmeric. Sweet, salty and fruity flavors coming together on one plate and giving this dish a fresh and moist taste. I am not vegan nor vegetarian, but I like healthy, plant-based food very much! Therefore I am constantly trying out new ways, combinations and preparations of veggies. By the way this recipe is a modified version of Fanny the Foodie’s Turmeric Roasted Sweet Potato which I looove so much and prepared over and over again! Every time in a slightly different version, cause you can basically use all kinds of veggies you find in your fridge. Just marinate them the same way and adjust the baking time slightly if needed.
Roasted sweet potato and beet
Ingredients for 2 portions
2 sweet potatos
2 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. turmeric
optional: fresh mint
Guacamole with passion fruit
1 passion fruit
salt & pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Peel and cut sweet potato and beet in wedges.
- Heat up a small pot to melt coconut oil. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Marinate sweet potato and beet wedges with the liquid and drizzle the juice of half a lime over it.
- Mix again and spread the wedges on a backing tray covered with backing paper.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Destone the avocado half, scoop the flesh into a bowl, add the juice of half a lime and mash it.
- Add the passion fruit and season to taste with salt and pepper.
And your roasted sweet potato and beet with guacamole is ready to be served with salad and chopped mint [ if you like ]. Enjoy!