I am slowly but surely realizing that my days in Switzerland are counted and I literally can’t get enough of my favorite winter foods. Everything will soon and abruptly be replaced with loads of tapas and ice cream in Barcelona [ which is not too bad either – I’m not complaining ]. So this super quick and easy creamy plant-based soup bursting with vitamin A and other goodness made my last 3 evenings! [ And there’s more for tomorrow, yuumm! ] Its gingery-sweet taste combined with crispy kale chips is just irresistible! And hey: everything is prepared in approx. 30 minutes, including the kale chips [ which you should NOT leave out!! ] Bon appetite!
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. coconut oil
500 g sweet potato
200 g carrots
1 small piece ginger
100 ml prosecco
800 ml vegetable stock
1 tsp. curry
1 tsp. curcuma
salt & pepper
100 g sour cream
200 g kale (washed & cut)
salt & pepper
- Cut onion and garlic. In a large pot, melt coconut oil and add onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Peel and cut sweet potato and carrot into small cubes and grate ginger.
- Add sweet potato, carrots and grated ginger to the onion, deglaze with prosecco and fill up with stock.
- Cover and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until the veggies are fork-tender. [ Prepare the kale chips while the soup is simmering ]
- Season soup with curry, curcuma, salt and pepper to your taste. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you like it more spicy.
- Remove from the heat and, using a hand-held electric blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add sour cream and stir. Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with kale chips.
Preparation kale chips
- Put kale in a big bowl. Marinate it with the juice of one squeezed lemon, a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and spread it an a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven pre-heated to 180 °C and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until they are crispy like dried autumn leaves. [ stir from time to time ]
Let me know what you liked more – the kale chips or the soup 😉