Chia pudding has been my latest addiction: breakfast, snack, desert, repeat. BUT careful – the recommended daily ration is 25 g chia seeds, so sometimes I have to force myself not to eat too much of it in one day. Well, if you don’t overdue it, chia seeds are very healthy. They have become one of the most popular superfoods in the health community. Tiny seeds packed with all the goodness such as: omega-3 oils, antioxidants, protein and more. Plus a whole lot of energy and boosting power! [ Yes, I know why it’s been my breakfast, snack and desert ] I’d say there are worse addictions than this one 😉 go and make yourself addicted too! Mix it in the evening to have it ready for your breakfast the next morning. For 4 jars/portions you need:
250 g curd
250 ml coconut milk
60 g chia seeds
elder flower or maple syrup
fruits or berries
optional: puffed quinoa, seeds, nuts
- Mix curd and coconut milk well, squeeze half a lime and add a bit of syrup to sweeten it.
- Add chia seeds and mix everything.
- Divide the mix between 4 jars, cover and leave them in the fridge for a few hours [ or overnight ] to let the chia seeds swell.
- Before serving them, top with puffed amaranth, seeds, nuts [ or granola ] and fruits or berries.
- Et voilà, enjoy your dreamy creamy chia pudding!